Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blogging About the Workplace

I've noticed a lot of confusion both from my coworkers and bloggers on the internet about what is "work appropriate" blogging. Basically a lot of workplaces (including my own) have updated code of conduct polices to reflect rises in social media. Basically the policies are pretty ridiculous. For example, I cannot post about my workplace on a personal blog where my name and workplace can be connected. This means on my facebook account I cannot say "I work for company X" and then make a facebook post saying how much my boss is a complete retard. Even if I don't name my workplace or boss, I still have my workplace listed elsewhere. That allows someone to make the connection between me and company X. Management can fire then me at this point.

Fortunately I am aware of this and I don't publish my real name or workplace on this blog. Also in the healthcare field privacy is incredibly important and I would never jeopardize anyone's personal information. Any names or dates you see here are altered to protect privacy, even though they are true events. Companies are asking for this same right to privacy. I think consumers have a right to know everything they can about companies they choose. That's why I like to post about how hospitals work so you, the consumer, can stay informed.

16 comments:

  1. Yes, it is ashame we no longer have freedom of speech. Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves. If people have stuff to say about their bosses, then you are either an ass or a douche or they just pissed someone off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can understand why they want to do this to help protect their liability and patient confidentiality but some times they just make it too strict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People should be able to speak their opinion about their own employer, though I'm not surprised at the policy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think epeople should complain about their employer. Its just not a smart thing to do. I remember at this office I worked at, we had a meeting about not talking shit on facebook because someone already got fired for it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, I always keep my mouth shut and never bad talk the employer. You might need them for a good letter of recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've altered a few names in my blog but everything I talk about is true as well.

    Some people are really stupid about it though, they complain about their bosses and don't realize how hard it is to erase those words later on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I cannot post about my workplace on a personal blog where my name and workplace can be connected. This means on my facebook account I cannot say "I work for company X" Totaly right and ridiculous...btw nice blog I follow yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog seems pretty interesting, I wasn't aware you couldn't do that. But, it only makes sense. I'll be followin' ya!
    - spiderflaw.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your
    next post, I will try to get the hang of it!


    my blog; essen ohne kohlenhydrate
    Also see my web page > low carb recipes free

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a topic which is close to my heart..

    . Take care! Exactly where are your contact details though?


    Look at my blog post - wordpress login
    my web page: using wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  12. For your sake of discussion, permit us express that you need to do decide to operate out in your
    house.

    Here is my web site: http://www.getfitnstrong.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. While using the Bowflex Revolution Home Gymnasium, the
    opporuntity for perfection is yours to maintain.

    Feel free to visit my web-site :: adjustable dumbbells

    ReplyDelete
  14. What exactly would you employ to measure experience greater about you with?


    My web page simply click the up coming article

    ReplyDelete
  15. So what dude was saying is that he fucked up and told his co-workers that he blogs about his work experiences. When you're writing about the job especially in the medical field. Remember HIPPA and remember the biggest rule...KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. I stumbled across this 6/2016 and it looked like this person was headed in the right direction. Shame they quit writting

    ReplyDelete